National Day Programme 2016
The CCE Committee will organise the following programme as part of our National Day Commemoration Activities.
- Secondary 1 A-F: World Religions Tour
- Secondary 1G: Kampong Glam Treasure Hunt
- Secondary 2A-G: Temasek Trail – Tour of the Civic District
- Secondary 3F-H: Battlefield Tour (Battlebox@Fort Canning and Kranji War Memorial)
- Secondary 3A-D, 4A-G, 5A-B: CCE Lecture: Sports and Olympism by C Kunalan
- Internal Security Department (ISD) Mobile Heritage Exhibition on Terrorism in Singapore – Past and Present
The objectives of the CCE Learning Journeys and CCE Lecture are:
- to foster stronger and deeper understanding of Singapore’s past and present challenges,
- to develop a sense of belonging and care for Singapore as citizens and residents,
- to deepen appreciation in our students for Singapore and the Singapore Identity,
- to develop socio-cultural sensitivity and understanding towards different cultures and religions
- to understand the importance of building a socially cohesive and harmonious society in Singapore and reflect on ways to achieve this.
A Reflection by Pearl Twe (Secondary 2B, 2016)
From July to August, you might have encountered various uniform groups marching all around the school. Or perhaps you might have heard the captivating drumbeat from under the Indoor Sports Hall. All that was to pull off a good performance during the National Day Parade on 8 August 2016. The long and hellish rehearsals we survived instilled self-discipline, endurance and teamwork and the beads of perspiration we shed were testament of our hard work. Great camaraderie was built among us as we laughed and cried together. Regardless of whether others thought the parade was a success or not, we faced it together and that is all that matters. Hope everyone had a great celebration!