Education and Career Guidance Programme
Education and Career Guidance equips students with the knowledge, skills and values needed to make informed decisions at key education stages to successfully transit from school to further education or work. The ECG curriculum focuses on exploration, helping students understand themselves better and guide their exploration of different education and career pathways. Through the 4 or 5 years, students learn to be more aware of their skills, interests and abilities, manage relationships with people who have influence over their decisions., explore relevant courses of study and understand careers in different sectors.
The curriculum is delivered as part of the Character and Citizenship Education syllabus. Students will receive at least 4 hours of ECG lessons each year, guided by their Form teachers. The Skillsfuture Portal is a one-stop ECG resource portal with self-discovery tools and information on future pathways for every child.
To visit the website, go to www.myskillsfuture.sg/secondary
If you have difficulties logging in, you may contact Helpdesk at 6684 9020 or email StudentPortal@MySkillsFuture.sg
Tailoring to your Child’s Needs: ECG Counselling
The ECG Counsellor helps students explore their strengths, interests and aspirations and help guide them (and their parents) in making informed plans and decisions for their education and career.
Students can approach or be referred to the ECG Counsellor for the following:
- Further exploration of self interests pertaining to ECG [after first level support by Form Teachers]
- Clarification on future education and career explorations [Education and career indecision]
- Managing parent’s/guardian’s expectations/conflict at home due to choices of courses of study
- Advice in decision making when presented with multiple education/job offers or scholarship choice selection
- Advice due to dissatisfaction with course selection/subject combination
- Further information and support in facilitating financial support, scholarships applications, funding etc for ECG planning.