Direct School Admission
DSA-Sec Exercise 2018
The DSA-Sec Exercise was first introduced in 2004 as part of MOE’s move towards a more flexible and broad-based education system. Under the DSA-Sec Exercise, schools will be able to select a percentage of their students for admission outside of the centralized posting system, via their own selection criteria. Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
West Spring Secondary School is proud to announce that with the implementation of its Learning for Life Programme (LLP), our school distinctive programme is STAR (Sportsmanship, Teamwork And Resilience through sports and music) and Applied Learning Programme (ALP), MeLit (Media Literacy).
We are looking for students of calibre who
a) have good level of sports skills
b) have keen interest, disposition and ability in music
c) have skills and passion in media literacy
Schedule for DSA Exercise 2018
|Application Opens||7th May 2018|
|Submission of application and supporting documents||By 20th Jul 2018|
|Trials / Tests and Interview sessions||23rd Jul 2018 – 27th Jul 2018|
|Notifications of outcomes of applications||31 Aug 2018|
Step 1: Submission of Application Form
Interested Students should download and complete the following application form.
Submission with photocopy of the supporting documents should be made in person/by post to:
West Spring Secondary School
61 Senja Road
Attn: Direct School Admission
(Mr Kelvin Poon)
- Latest academic and conduct records (Primary 5 End-of-Year and Primary 6 Mid-Year)
- Latest CCA Certificates
- Latest NAPFA Test results
- Any other relevant supporting document(s) such as recommendations from teachers, instructors and coaches, skills certification etc
Last Date for Submission: 20 July 2018
Application received after this date or incomplete application forms will not be considered.
Step 2: Application for Selection Trial
Upon submission of application form, selected applicants would be given a trial date between 23rd July till 27th July 2018.
Selection trial will be conducted at West Spring Secondary School.
Shortlisted applicants from the selection trials will be invited for an interview with school leaders from 6th August till 17th August 2018.
Step 3: Outcome of Application Form
All shortlisted applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 31 August 2018, informing you that your application has been either Confirmed, put on Wait List, or Rejected. The decision of the Selection Panel is final.
Subsequently, you will have to retrieve the school preference form from your child’s primary school upon successful application.
Lastly, the DSA results will be released with the PSLE results.
- Perfect vision or,
- Should applicant suffer from Myopia: the conditions must be correctable to 20/20 and less than 500 degrees when uncorrected.
- Medically fit for physical activities
- Good track record of sports participation in primary school (in school and / or external)
- Medically fit for physical activities
- Music knowledge and /or proficiency in any musical instrument
- Participation in band in primary school not necessary but will be an advantage
Info-communications (Info-Comm) Club
- Experience and competency in using Media / Programming software such as Adobe, Java / C+ Programming, HTML etc
- Participated in school-based or represented school at inter-school (zone or national) level competitions in areas
Photography and Digital Media (PDM) Club
- Experience and competency in using Media software such as Adobe, Flash Animation etc
- Participated in school-based or represented school at inter-school (zone or national) level competitions
For further clarifications, you may contact the following personnel:
Kelvin Poon Weng Hong
Head of Department Physical Education & CCA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
HP : 98621043
For more information on Direct School Admission (DSA) for 2018 Secondary 1 Intake, please visit this website, http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/dsa-sec/